Total Pageviews

Friday, September 3, 2010

Illamasqua haul

Hi everyone,
I have a small Illamasqua haul that I got on my last vacation. I'm extremely impressed with this brand or at least with the products I got. They are so pigmented, last for a long time, unique colors, and high quality. I only wish they were more available in the US. There are only a few Sephora's that carry this brand here.
Here is what I got:
1. This is my favourite item from this entire haul, and it's the cream blush or cream blusher as they say in the UK in the color Rude. There is nothing rude about this blush. It's gorgeous. In the pan it looks like a hot orange color but on comes off as an pinkish coral. It's so pretty and girly, and it gives that gorgeous sexy flush to the cheeks and that look of overall good health. It lifts up the face and gives the cheeks that perfect pop of color. If Barbie had a coral blush, "Rude" would be it.
2. Cream Blush in the color "Lies". This is a very soft pink with a silver undertone to it, and it has a whole lot of sheen to it. If you have medium dark skin, this won't work as a blush. This would look well on top of blush to give glow to the cheeks or as a highlighter. I use it as a highlighter mostly. It gives a high shine to the cheeks and that look of glow within. This is another star in my opinion.

3. Powder blush in Expose. This is a bright orange. It's perfect when used in combination with a bronzer to get that sexy bronze look. It's such a strong, pigmented color. It looks scary on the pan but with a bronzer, or on tan skin, it gives that sexy "back from the beach" look.

4. Powder eyeshadow in Slink. Most of the Illamasqua eyeshadows, and I believe all of their blushes are matte. I love shimmer eyeshadows, and love a matte face, so I picked up one of the few shimmer eyeshadows that they had. This is a champagne gold. It is ok. I will use it, but probably not repurchase it because it's not pigmented enough for me which is really odd because most all of their items are extremely pigmented. The below picture is three swipes whereas all the above pictures are just one swipe.

Overall, I'm extermily impressed with this brand and would highly recommand it.
Have you guys tried this brand? What do you think of Illamasqua?
Hope you all have had a lovely day

34 comments:

  1. awesome selection... I have always been curious about this brand but really haven't had the chance to purchase any... scared of the price LOL... but I would be looking forward to a review on how you like these items... thanks for sharing ur haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Annette- They are pricey, but great brand. I really do love their blushes. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the rude looks just gorgeous i want it now thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only heard good things about this brand.

    Emy@
    http://wannabestylishcook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Emy - I was impressed. Thanks for commenting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't tried this brand but i would like too.. it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Joan - It's not widely available in the US but really good brand. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to get my hands on some of their cream blushes :) Have a lengthy illamasqua wishlist!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slink is pretty :)
    btw...are you in the path of the storm?
    Im just hoping it passses over NY quickly as not to ruin the evening,stay safe XOXO
    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Ariel - I want more as well. xx
    @ Venusinvirgo - No thank god. I hope it passes quickly too. Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so gorgeous! I don't own an orangey powder blush yet so I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this product in the future! (=

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Alexa P - I love it. I read on a Vogue magazine once that orange and peach blushes look really well on yellow undertone skin and I must agree they really do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Niceee! I was at Sephora the other day and I liked a lot of their products. I was going to buy one of their lipsticks Ithink it was "Ivy" but then I picked a YSL one over it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Martha - I had a list of lipsticks I wanted but thankfully for me, they were all out at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Illamasqua! Their products always have amazing pigmentation. Rude looks gorgeous...definitely on my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that blusher, I agree, would be great as a highlighter! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Willworkformakeup-It's a great brand. Rude is gorgeous. I hope you like it.
    @ Stylefrost -It's such a pretty highlighter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHHH I really want to try the cream blusher in
    lies!! its looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have the blush in lies and i love it!!! you got some great stuff and great haul hun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Kellie -It's really pretty
    @ Adele - I was going to get Liv after seeing it in one of your posts but they were sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous eyeshadow and cream blush! I must get me some before this aussie summer hits us! XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been looking for a post like this for ages - the cream blushes look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those blushers look amazing. I really want to try Illamasqua's Lover blush. Great haul!

    www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ Monica -The cream blushes are extermily creamy. More so than anythign else I have used.
    @ Sophie P - Hope you like them sweetie
    @ R May A - You made my day. Thank you for reading.
    @ Agatha -That's on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. the colors are absolutely gorgeous !! great haul !

    thanks for checking out my blog, i'm a new follower as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your blog and would love for you to follow mine too

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh that blush in expose is so pretty! I want it now! Haha.

    Thanks for following..You have a lovely blog..I followed back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a great haul! u have such a pretty background layout! and i love ur blog im new to it!


    anya

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like "rude". Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. All these shades are so so pretty! I think I am getting addicted to their products! I wanna get the Rude blush now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog